- General Contractor Services (selected areas)
- Custom Home Design (Timber Frame, SIPS and ShopBuilt Panelized Wall Systems)
- Traditional Japanese Post and Beam: Design & Construction
- Timber framing, heavy timber construction
- Architect, Builder and Homeowner Collaborations
- Additions & Remodeling: design, fabrication and installation of timber frame components as part of architectural upgrades to existing homes.
- SIPS (Structural Insulated Panels) Sales and Installations
- Fine Handmade Furniture by Commission
associations & Accreditations
- Timber Framers Guild
- SIPA (Structural Insulated Panel Association)
- Western North Carolina Green Business Council
- BPI Certified Professional
- HERS Certified
- Energy Star Certification
- Green Built Alliance, Green Built, NC
NOTABLE Commercial PROJECTS
In addition to our many residential construction projects commercial projects include:
- The New York Botantical Gardens, Kiku Festival, Bronx NY
- The Dawes Arboretum & Japanese Garden, Newark, Ohio
- The Adler Center for Caring, Aldie, Virginia
- Sarah P. Duke Gardens on the campus of Duke University, Durham, NC
- The North Carolina State Dairy Barn Museum, Raleigh, NC
High Country Timberframe and Gallery Woodworking is a highly specialized company based in beautiful Boone, North Carolina. Co-owned by Tom Owens and Peter Jankowski, High Country Timberframe & Gallery Woodworking Co., is a full service timber frame company offering custom timber frame home design, engineering & fabrication at our 25,000 square foot facility, and complete raising/erection services throughout the Eastern U.S.
High Country Timberframe is also a fully insured, licensed general contracting company proudly serving Ashe, Avery, Watauga and surrounding counties. We are also licensed in South Carolina and Virginia.
High Country Timberframe is an ideal partner for those clients looking for a home designed and built to provide maximum efficiency and durability. High value building options include our proprietary ShopBuilt High Performance panelized wall systems, Structural Insulated Wall Panels, Timber Frame and Insulated Concrete Form construction.
We invite you to explore our website and to become familiar with the services we provide. We look forward to assisting you with all your building needs.
We believe in a personal approach to both timber framing and custom homebuilding. which means owners Tom Owens and Peter Jankowski are directly involved in every project. If a question arises, a concern, or even a simple questions you will be speaking directly to the one of the owners of the company - not a supervisor, not a sub-contractor, and not a salesman.
Whatever your needs, timber trusses, a timber frame home, a ShopBuilt Panelized Home or general contractor services you can rest assured your product or home utilizes thoughtful architectural design and superior building systems.
Whether you are a looking to build your own home, are an architect who designs homes, or a contractor who builds them, High Country Timberframe is committed to providing the best possible customer service.
"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work." --Vince Lombardi